What is FieldTrace? FieldTrace is a secure web-based Crop Management System that is also designed to be an integral part of Hensall Co-op’s Quality Assurance System. Since today’s marketplace demands the utmost in food safety and traceability, it is critical to have an efficient method of recording the steps taken to ensure that a safe and high quality product is being provided. FieldTrace is a program designed to make the job easier and more efficient.
FieldTrace will allow Food Producers to link both contracted and commercial crops to their fields in order to record the good stewardship practices that are being used. Drop-down menus assist the user in entering details of fertilizer and crop protection products. In addition to the database functions, geo-referenced mapping capabilities are provided. Producers using the system will have the advantage of building historical data while fulfilling the requirements of the IP Food Grade Soybean and Dry Bean contract traceability. Information for non-contracted crops can be recorded so that FieldTrace can be used as your comprehensive crop record management system.
The FieldTrace database is hosted in a secure cloud environment which is accessed through both web browser and mobile software applications. Watch the video on the Hensall Co-op FieldTrace page to take a screen tour of the FieldTrace desktop version. Mobile users can find user tips in the Help menu (in the top left corner of the screen).
FieldTrace Mobile is designed for iOS and Android tablets & phones. Integrated with the FieldTrace cloud platform, it works in both online and offline environments so that you can record details while in the field and sync to the server when you have a cell or wi-fi connection.
Note: to gain access to the FieldTrace system you will need a user name and password.
Your login is your HDC 6 digit account number.
Your temporary password is: hdc (not case sensitive)
Follow the instructions on the screen.
FieldTrace is available for use by all Hensall Co-op customers at no charge. If you need assistance, call any Hensall Co-op location or contact Walt Vermunt at wvermunt(at)hdc.on.ca or phone 1-519-262-3511 ext. 322 for specific inquiries.
Login to FieldTrace Desktop version
To install FieldTrace Mobile on your phone or tablet, open the appropriate link while on you mobile device:
Install FieldTrace Mobile iOS Version
Install FieldTrace Mobile Android Version
Go to the Google Play store and search for FieldTrace
FieldTrace Demonstration and Tutorial Videos:
- FieldTrace Overview
- How Many Parcels of Land Should I Include Under One Field Name?
- Adding a Field to Your Field Trace Account
- Adding a Contracted Crop to a Field
- Adding a Non-Contracted Crop to a Field
- Editing the Perimeter Map of a Field
- Linking Multiple Crops to a Field or Splitting a Field
- Managing the Grower’s Portion of a Share Cropped Field
- Managing the Landlord’s Portion of a Share Cropped Field
- Navigating FieldTrace Screens
- Recording Product Application
- Recording Multiple Product Apps to Multiple Fields
- Difference Between Views and Actions in the Data View
Software requirements for FieldTrace desktop version:
- For Windows based operating system the installation of Microsoft Silverlight software may be required. Please note that if your computer is running Window 10, the browser that is used will be Edge rather than Internet Explorer. The Edge icon looks very similar to the Internet Explorer icon so most users are not aware of the change.
- When you are on the Hensall Co-op FieldTrace webpage select the menu option in the top right corner of the screen (“…”) and then select the option to “Open in Internet Explorer”. Once the browser has switched to Internet Explorer, select the Desktop login icon.
- FieldTrace Mobile for iOS and Android devices do not require Microsoft Silverlight. Follow the instructions presented on the screen during the download and installation process.
- Note that FieldTrace does not function on Macintosh computers however it is available for iOS mobile devices.
For Growers who wish to provide their Field ID and Product Application Information using our traditional forms, please click on the links below: