HDC History 1937-1962

1938

“South Huron Farmers’ Co-op” formed (Buying Club) – Wm. Pepper, manager

1939

Delegates to United Farmers’ Co-op Convention in Toronto

1940

R.J. Cooper, manager – profit of $208.84

1945

Reorganized and named Hensall District Co-op

1946

Purchased lot on Main Street in Hensall for $900 from John Zuefle

1947

Fuel contract with United Farmers Co-op (UFC) – Manley Jinks, manager

1948

Bought Williams’ Mill in Zurich for $11,800

First petroleum truck – Garnet Mousseau, driver

U.F.C. change to U.C.O. – purchased one $10 share

1950

Erected building on Main Street in Hensall 

Purchased seed cleaning equipment

1951

George Richardson, manager

1953

Garnet Mousseau, manager

1956

Purchased Brucefield mill for $6,400 from J. Cornish

1958

Purchased second petroleum truck

1960

Built bulk fertilizer building and installed first blender at south edge of Hensall 

1961

Purchased land 1-1/4 miles east of Zurich from Seth Amans

1962

Opening of Zurich feed mill at present location - $85,000

Sold Williams feed mill in Zurich for $1,200


HDC History Links...

1963-1987
1988-2012
2013-Present


Go to...