Founded in 1937 as the "South Huron Farmers' Co-op", what we know today as HDC soon started to grow and acquire feed mills and warehouses all across Huron County.
In 1967, through the visionary leadership of Malcolm Davidson, HDC made its initial entry into the grain and bean business through the purchase of the E.L. Mickle and Son grain and bean handling facilities. Malcolm's legacy was honored years later when the road in Hensall that our offices, elevators and fuel operation sits was named after him.
Today, the strength of HDC is in its 5000+ members whom realize the importance of local control of a high-volume agri-business. In today's business climate, when more and more of our economy is centred in urban areas, the importance of some economic control in rural communities becomes even more significant.
Find out more about HDC's history:
HDC Annual Reports:
Zurich Flour and Feed Mill - 1948
1948 Petroleum Delivery Truck
- Video from HuronCountyTV